Wednesday 2 July 2014

Essential English Grammar in use

This is English grammar articles for elementary students. There  so many articles will be published related to Essential English grammar including examples and exercises.Lets start.

Essential English Grammar Unit-1:

 am/is/are:Present
Learn English grammar
David
uses of am/is/are: positive
I am or I'm
he is or he's
she is or she's
it is or it's
we/you/they are
 uses of am/is/are: Negative
I am not or I'm not
he is not or he isn't
it is not or it isn't
we/you/they aren't
Some Examples:
I'm cold.Can you give me a shirt, please?  
I'm 24 years old.My brother is 26.
Robin is ill.He's in bed.
It's nine o'clock.You're late again.
Lisa and I are good friends.
Your keys are on the table.

I'm tired ,but I'm not hungry.
Lina isn't interested in sports.She's interested in music.
Don isn't a teacher.He's a student.
Those people aren't Arabic.They're American.
It's sunny today,but isn't warm
that's = that is    there's = there is   here's = here is
Thank you.That's very kind of you
Look! There's Messi
'Here's your pen'.'Thank you'

Exercises:

Write the short form (she's/we aren't etc)
1.she is...............    2. it is not......................    3. I am not......................   4.they are................
5. that is..............   6. you are not...........         4. he is not....................     5. we are not ..............

Write am/is or are:
1. the weather  ......nice today.  
2. Look ! there ..............Kaka
3. I ....not a rich man.
4. My sister and I ....... good badminton players.
5.This bag ............heavy.
6. Mina...............at home. Her children ....at school.
7. These bags ...........heavy.
8. I .... an Engineer.My father .............a doctor.

Complete the Sentences:

1. Rolando is injured .He...in bed.
2. I'm not hungry,but .......thirsty.
3. Mr Kumar is very old man.......................99.
4. These chairs aren't beautiful,but ...................comfortable.
5.The weather is nice today. ...............warm and sunny.
6. ' ....late.' No I'm not. I'm early.
7. '............your Mobile'.'Oh, thank you very much.

Look at Devid's above picture.Now Write 10 sentences about yourself by using name, age, job, parents name,parents job,from, interested in etc.


Write true sentences , positive or negative. Use is/isn't or are/aren't:

1. (it/hot today)  .....it isn't hot today....... or .........it's hot today............
2.(it/windy today)  .................................... or ..........................................
3.(Argentina/a very big country)  ............................................................
4.(diamonds/cheap)  .................................... . ..........................................
5.(here/your pen )  .................................... ..............................................


Write true sentences ,positive or negative.Use I'm/I'm not.
6. (tired)       ....I'm tired. or I'm not tired...............
7. (hungry)   ............................................................
8. ( a good cricketer) ............................................
9. (interested in football).........................................




No comments:

Post a Comment