Friday 4 July 2014

Essential English Grammar unit-3

Basic English Grammar:Present Continuous

The present continuous is: Subject+am/is/are+Verb+ing+Object.( Something is happening now) Example of English Grammar use as present Continuous:
  • She is eating
  • They are playing
  • She is working
  • It is raining
  • The sun isn't shining
  • Mina is reading.She is not watching TV
  • Robin is reading a newspaper
  • She isn't eating
  • We are having dinner
  • He isn't listening to me
  • The sun isn't shining
  • The children are doing their homework
  • Please be quit.I'm working
  • The weather is nice.It's not raining.
  • The childrens are playing in the park
  • The sun isn't shining
Some important spelling: come= comming; write=writing; dance=dancing; run=running; sit=sitting; swim=swimming; lie=lying

Exercises of basic English grammar:present Continuous

Complete the sentences.Use these verbs:For better practice please use paper and pencil. build | cook | go| have | stand | stay | swim | work
  1. Please be quit.I.....am working.
  2. Whre is Danny? He is in the kitchen.He.......
  3. 'You..............on my foot'.;oh I;m sorry'.
  4. Look! Somebody is ...in the river
  5. We are here on holiday.We .....at the central Hotel.
  6. Where Mina? She .......a shower.
  7. They ......a new hotel at the moment.
  8. I.....now Goodbye.
  9. Who's that man?
Complete sentences by using appropriate grammar :
  1. I/wash/my hand...............
  2. Ans:I am washing my hair or I'm not washing my hair
  3. it/snow......................
  4. I/sit/on chair...............
  5. I/eat........................
  6. it/rain......................
  7. I/learn Arabic...............
  8. I/listen/to music............
  9. the sun/shine................
  10. I/watch Tv/now...............
  11. I read/a newspaper...........

Click here to learn how to use am/is/are

No comments:

Post a Comment